Good Morning and Welcome to Summer Reacing Club!
Our first meeting was held on July 1st. If you missed it, don’t worry because our next meeting is July 8th at 12:00pm. We’d love to have you join us!
This is what you need to access our Zoom meeting every week:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 931 960 0207
We are reading The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
Here are the norms ( practices we will follow) for participating:
Please read with your child and comment that you agree to these norms.
1. We will read the assigned chapters each week( beginning on Thursday) and complete before the next book club meeting.
2. We will write our answer to the questions of the week and send a picture our response to Ms. Cullen.
3. In our responses, we will use our best neat printing, correct finger spacing between words, capitalization, punctuation and watch our word usage. We will make sure our name is at the top of the page.
4. We will participate in the Book Club Meeting every Wednesday at noon until August 12th. We will message Ms. Cullen if we can’t be there.
5. I will read the book to you and post it over the weekend but first you must read through the chapters on your own. This will help you stengthen your reading ability. If you see a word you don’t know, mark the word in your book, use your strategies posted below and then ask for help.
Week of July 1st – July 7th
Chapters 1 and 2
Read Chapters 1 through 10 .
Questions of the week:
1. How did Roz end up on the island?
2. Describe Roz. Once she enters the world, what emotion does she feel? How would you feel if you were Roz?
3. “Animal sounds filled the forest. Chirps and wingbeats and rustlings in the underbrush. And then, from the sea cliffs, there came new sounds. Heavy, crunching footsteps. The forest animals fell silent, and from their hiding places they watched as a sparkling monster stomped past.” (p. 16) – Describe what the animals must be thinking.
4. The book continues on to state “the forest was not comfortable place for Roz.” What makes the forest a difficult place for Roz? How must she adapt?
See you on Wednesday! MS. CULLEN (MC) 😘