Featured Video Play Icon

Wake Up! It’s Wednesday!

Good Morning earthlings from 289!

I’m posting this from my living room because today is my first day at home (now I’m similar to where you have been for 4 long days). It feels very strange – almost like we are aliens living on another planet but…we’re not! We are still earthlings!

It will be sad not to see you for a few weeks but I hope you will read this and comment to me every day during the week. Today we are going to finish reading The Albertosaurus Mystery together.

First, explain to your big person what we learned in the beginning of this story. Now open your big Journeys book and find the page where we stopped – remember it has a picture of a picture in it. We were discussing Barnum Brown and how he hunted bones. Watch this short video about him:

Now finish reading the story to your big person or your favorite stuffed animal (It’s fun to learn at home!)

for Journeys story, click here

Here are some links for dinosaur learning fun:

Am Museum of Natural History Paleontology

Dinosaur Games

And check out this 44 million year old bird fossil!

Bird Fossil Article

and our own local place to dig for fossils:

Penn Dixie Site

Please post an answer to the QOTH – Question of The Day – In what type of rock am I most likely to find fossils? (Hint: look in a link).  “See” you tomorrow!
MC😉

print

5 thoughts on “Wake Up! It’s Wednesday!”

1. The dinosaurs died. Nature happened – which means that leaves fell, dirt moved around, rocks shifted and the bones were covered by layers of earth (leaves, mud,decaying (old)stuff). This was MILLIONS of years ago. That is why the bones can be found in the ground, not because a person buried them.