Monday, March 16, 2020

Well it was the first day in the classroom with no students! It was very quiet but it felt like you were all still there. Your pencil cases were waiting to be filled with treats and only 2 students didn’t have their 5 pencils. I’m so proud of all of you!

Hopefully, tomorrow you will somehow receive work packets that we put together today for you. I’m sending a letter home for your parents about this blog so I’m hoping you will find it. If you talk to one of our 289 students, make sure they know how to get to this!

Today, I’m posting a video for you from the Cincinnati Zoo about their 2 hippos – Bebe and Fiona. See if you can find out what a group of hippos is called. If you figure it out, post a comment below and let me know. Hoping you are all healthy and safe!

We’re live at Hippo Cove for our first Home Safari with everyone’s favorite hippo, Fiona! Pay close attention! You’ll find the answers to this fun quiz throughout the video: https://form.jotform.com/200726237919156. Complete the quiz to be entered to win four tickets to the Cincinnati Zoo to visit once we’ve reopened! Join us each day at 3pm EDT as we highlight different animals that call the Cincinnati Zoo home.

Posted by Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden on Monday, March 16, 2020

print

5 thoughts on “Monday, March 16, 2020”

1. today i learned hippos eat a lot of healthy food and can sleep under water and get breathe while ther sleep

1. It was so interesting to see how they pushed off the bottom of their pool! I didn’t know they couldn’t swim but actually walked and pushed themselves to the surface!

2. So today I learned that a group of hippos is called a bloat. I also learned that bebe can eat a whole pumpkin. The third thing I learned is that fish eat the hippos poop. The last thing I leaned is that hippos can not swim.

3. This is Ms. Johnson. This blog is really cool. I thought is was interesting that they have a scale big enough to weigh the hippos. I wonder how they get them on the scale.

4. I learned that a group of hippos are called a bloat. I found it interesting that the white stuff around their mouth is called a mucus. I was surprised that they can get up to 8,000 pounds!